3/2/11

Day 2: Rambles

So I've decided that I really don't know what I'm going to use this blog for.  I mean, my original goal was simply to track my progress, but I suppose it also has the added benefit of forcing me to keep my word when it comes to projects.  I mean I have like 10 unfinished projects going right now, and that's not even including the ones I 'said' that I'd touch up.  And then there's the Minecraft-esque thing that I want to get going here soon.  Geez, so much to do, so little time.  I really should just commit to one thing.  But I won't.

Speaking of the hundreds of projects that I have going, I am, as I write this, downloading the Ableton Suite 8 trial.  Fancy, eh?  You see, I've been wanting to produce mixes of music for a while now, and I figure why not start now?  Ignore that question.  But in all seriousness, I really want to get into this and hopefully now I'll finally have the chance to try.  For a 30 day period (I actually don't know how long since it hasn't finished downloading).  If you'd like to take a look at this renounced program, here it is.  And for the ungodly price of $699 + tax, it can be yours!

Up next, evidently my birthday is coming up.  I didn't even realize it until my Grandma sent me a message asking for gift ideas (how nice of her!).  So I'll be browsing the interwebs here for any sign of something that might interest me this March.  Hey!  How about the Ableton Suite 8!

/sarcasm

But I did realize last time I went snowboarding that my board was a wee bit smaller than I remember, so I'm looking into this beauty.  It placed first in the Best of Test 2011, so it must be pretty good.  And if I actually do end up going to college in Colorado, I'll need a fun board to take with me.

Wow.  Looking at this has really made me realize how much more expensive 'toys' get as you get older.  My little brothers are thrilled with army men and I'm checking out a $500 board.  How many army men could I get with $500...

Scratch that, maybe I DO want army men after all.

And almost finally, I know I mentioned adding all of my school assignments to this blog, but I think I'm going to start a new blog and just add them all to that one.  That way I don't have to worry about cramming this one.  So I'll be looking forward to that sometime in the near future.  It should be interesting.

Also I am adding this:


...so that hopefully I can add it to the background straight from blogger.  We'll see.  I don't hold out much hope...

Adieu!


EDIT: I really don't know who I'm writing this to, since the only person who (I believe) even knows this is here is Tom (Hi Tom!).  Maybe all those future people who will flock through my history when I finally do open this blog to the public?  Who knows.  Just an odd thought that I really didn't consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment